Texas Association of School Administrators
Internet Postings for School Districts
September 1, 2016
Accreditation Status (19 Administrative Code §97.1055(f))
- No later than 30 calendar days after receiving an Accredited – Warned, Accredited – Probation, or Not Accredited – Revoked status, the school district is required to post the status on its website with the link to the notification sent to the parents of students, and the posting shall remain on the website until the district receives an Accredited status.
Notice of School Board Meeting (Government Code, §551.056(b)(3))
- Requires the posting of a meeting notice on the district’s website.
Agenda for School Board Meeting (Government Code, §551.056(c)(3))
- Requires the agenda to be concurrently posted with the meeting notice on the website if the school district contains all or part of the area within the corporate boundaries of a municipality with a population of 48,000 or more.
Video and Audio Recording of School Board Meetings (Government Code, §551.128(b-1)(1-2))
- Requires a school district with a student enrollment of 10,000 or more to make available on the internet an archived copy of the video and audio recording of each regularly scheduled open meeting that is not a work session or a special called meeting.
- MISD student enrollment is less than 10,000.
Capital Appreciation Bonds (Government Code, §1201.0245 (b)(4)(A-G))
- Requires a school district that is issuing capital appreciation bonds to post on its website the statutory information required by Government Code, §1201.0245 (b)(4)(A-G).
Campus Report Card, Performance Report, District Rating (Education Code, §39.362)
- Requires a school district to post the most recent campus report card for each campus in the district, the information in the most recent performance report, the most recent accreditation status and performance rating of the district, and a definition and explanation of each accreditation status and performance rating.
Texas Academic Performance Report (Title 19 Administrative Code, §61.1022(f))
- Requires the local board of trustees to disseminate the report by posting it on the school district’s website.
Locally Determined Performance Ratings (Title 19 Administrative Code, §61.1023(h))
- Requires a school district to post the locally determined performance ratings and compliance status for the district and each campus on the school district’s website no later than August 8 of each year.
Annual Federal Report Card (20 U.S.C. 6311(h)(2)(E))
- Requires a school district to post its annual federal report card on its website.
Targeted Improvement Plan (Education Code, §39.106 (a-1), (e-1)(2))
- Requires a campus intervention team to provide notice of a meeting to solicit input for the development of the targeted improvement plan on the website of the campus. Requires a school district to post the targeted improvement plan a board of trustees will consider prior to a hearing.
School Board’s Employment Policies (Education Code, §21.204(d))
- Requires a school district to post the employment policies on its website.
Group Health Coverage Report and Plan (Education Code, §22.004(d))
- Requires a school district that does not participate in the TRS uniform group insurance program to post on its website the annual report submitted to TRS and a copy of the group health coverage plan.
- not required, MISD selected the TRS Active Care group.
Conflict Disclosure Statements and Questionnaires (Local Government Code, §176.009(a))
- Requires access to statements and questionnaires on the school district’s website.
Annual Financial Report of Debt Obligation (Local Government Code, §140.008(c-d))
- Requires a school district to continuously post on its website the annual financial report of debt obligation until a new annual report is issued. Allows a school district to post a link to the comptroller’s website, if the information was provided to the comptroller in lieu of preparing an annual financial report.
Main Office Contact Information (Local Government Code, §140.008(f)(2))
- Requires a school district to continuously post on its website the contact information for the main office, including the physical address, the mailing address, the main telephone number, and an email address.
Election Notice (Election Code, §85.007(d)(1))
- Requires a school district post an election notice on its website.
Political Contributions and Expenditures Report (Election Code, §254.04011(b))
- Requires a school district located wholly or partly in a municipality with a population of more than 500,000 and a student enrollment of more than 15,000 to post on the district’s website the contributions and expenditures report of a member of the board of trustees, a candidate for a school trustee position, or a specific-purpose committee supporting, opposing, or assisting a candidate.
- MISD has less than 15,000 students enrolled.
Vacancy Postings (Education Code, §11.1513(d)(1)(B))
- Allows a school district to post a notice of a vacant position requiring a certificate or license on its website.
Superintendent’s Contract (Title 19 Administrative Code, §109.1001(o)(3)(B)(i))
- Allows the publication of the superintendent’s contract on the district’s website in lieu of submitting it in the district’s annual financial management report.
Electricity, Water, and Natural Gas Costs (Government Code, §2265.001(b))
- Requires a school district to post the metered amounts of electricity, water, and gas consumption for which the district is required to pay and the aggregate amounts of those services.
Maintenance and Operations Tax Rate (Tax Code, §26.05(b)(2))
- Requires a school district to post on its website a statement that indicates that it adopted a tax rate that will raise more taxes for maintenance and operations than last year’s tax rate.
Summary of Proposed Budget (Education Code, §44.0041(a)(1))
- Requires a school district to post on the district’s website a summary of the proposed budget, which must be concurrently posted with the notice of the budget meeting.
Adopted Budget (Education Code, §44.0051(a))
- Requires a school district to prominently display on the district’s website for three years an electronic link to the budget adopted by the board of trustees.
Landowner’s Bill of Rights (Property Code, §21.0112(b)(2))
- Requires a school district to make available on its website a landowner’s bill of rights prepared by the attorney general.
Proposal for Qualifying Project (Government Code, §2267.066(2)(A))
- Requires a school district to post a copy of the proposal on its website, if the school board of trustees adopts a resolution to operate under Chapter 2267 of the Government Code.
High School Personal Graduation Plan (Education Code, §28.02121(b))
- Requires a school district to post information about the advantages of the distinguished level of achievement and each endorsement on its website.
Transition and Employment Guide (Education Code, §29.0112(e)(1))
- Requires a school district to post the transition and employment guide developed for students enrolled in special education programs on its website.
Testing for Home Schooled Students (Education Code, §29.916(c))
- Requires a school district to post on its website the dates that PSAT/NMSQT or any college advanced placement test will be administered, the availability of the exams to home schooled students, and the procedures to register for them.
Programs and Services for Homeless Students (Education Code, §33.906(a))
- Requires a school district to post information regarding local programs and services available to assist homeless students on its website.
Bullying Reporting Procedure (Education Code, §37.0832(e))
- Requires a school district to post on its website the procedure for reporting bullying.
Testing Transparency – Title 1, Part A Recipients (20 U.S.C. § 6312(e)(2)(B))
- Requires school districts that receive Title 1, Part A funds to post on the website of each school served information on each assessment required by the state to comply with 20 U.S.C. 6311, other assessments required by the state, and assessments required district-wide.
College Credit Programs (Education Code, §28.010(b))
- Allows a school district to post on its website a notice regarding the availability of college credit programs in the district.
Physical Activity Policies (Education Code, §28.004(k))
- Requires a school district to post on its website a statement of its physical activity policies for elementary, middle school, and junior high school students and statement of the number of times during the preceding year the health advisory council met, whether the district has adopted and enforces policies to ensure that campuses are complying with vending machine and food service guidelines, whether the district has adopted and enforces policies that penalizes the use of tobacco products by students, and a statement providing notice to parents that they can request in writing their child’s physical fitness assessment results at the end of the school year.
Immunization Awareness (Education Code, §38.019(a))
- Requires a school district to prominently post in English and Spanish the immunizations required for public school, any immunizations or vaccines recommended for public school students, any health clinics that offer the influenza vaccine, and a link to the Department of State Health Services website where a person can learn about the procedures to claim an exemption from the immunization requirements.
If you have any questions regarding the Texas Association of School Administrators document, please contact Ramiro Canales, Assistant Executive Director, Governmental Relations Division, at (512) 477-6361.