It's never too early to plan for college
College Guide for Malakoff ISD parents
Why is College Important?
- College is an investment for the future.
- College graduates have the potential to earn a higher income.
- A college education provides more job opportunities.
- Survey's taken that college graduates enjoy a better quality life.
- Many job positions require some form of college education.
Types of Colleges
Four-year Colleges and Universities - Typically offer bachelor's degrees in various fields of study
Two-year Colleges and Universities - Offer associates degrees, certificates for specialized training as well as courses for transfer credit.
Vocational and Technical Colleges - Private school specializing in trades or vocations.
Colleges are looking for well-rounded students that are able to maintain a good academic record while also being actively involved in their school and community.
- Academic Records
- Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendation
- Student Activities and Employment
Malakoff ISD website