8th Grade Science TEKS
(1,2,3,4) Scientific investigation and reasoning.
(5) Matter and energy. The student knows that matter is composed of atoms and has chemical and physical properties.
(B) protons and valence electrons
(C) Periodic Table
(D) chemical formulas
(E) evidence of chemical reactions
(F) chemical equation
(6) Force, motion, and energy. The student knows that there is a relationship between force, motion, and energy.
(A) unbalanced forces
(B) speed, velocity, and acceleration
(C) Newton's law s
(7) Earth and space. The student knows the effects resulting from cyclical movements of the Sun, Earth, and Moon.
(A) Earth's rotation
(B) lunar cycle
(C) Moon's and Sun's effect on ocean tides
(8) Earth and space. The student knows characteristics of the universe.
(A) stars, nebulae, and galaxies
(C) wavelengths of the electromagnetic spectrum
(D) light years
(9) Earth and space. The student knows that natural events can impact Earth systems.
(A) plate tectonic theory
(B) crustal features
(C) topographic maps and satellite views
(10) Earth and space. The student knows that climatic interactions exist among Earth, ocean, and weather systems.
(A) convection within the atmosphere and oceans
(B) high and low pressures
(C) role of the oceans in the formation of weather systems
(11) Organisms and environments. The student knows that interdependence occurs among living systems and the environment and that human activities can affect these systems.
(A) producer/consumer, predator/prey, and parasite/host relationships
(B) organisms and populations in an ecosystem depend on and may compete for factors
(C) short- and long-term environmental changes affect organisms and traits
(D) recognize human dependence on ocean systems